9.21.2009

Birthdays.

This weekend I went to Joplin to celebrate my lovely sister Jill's birthday. I bought her cowboy boots, a Tom Petty book, and an adorable little dish set from the flea market. Giving perfect gifts for my favorite people is my absolute favorite thing. We hung out. Explored the wonderful city of Joplin, Missouri. Josh sang some Salt-N-Pepa. I told my mom about his Schwans man cougar fantasy. He got very defensive. We ate at Olive Garden. Jill got free wine. It was the most amazing twenty four hours I've had in a long time.


Today was my RA, Abby's, twenty first birthday as well. I made her chocolate kahlua cupcakes. Last night, Abby, Lindsey, and I went tie dyed some more shirts, walked to Break Time for a delicious cappuccino, and saw Away We Go for free. It was beyond adorable. I hope my husband is someday like John Krasinski, or John Krasinski himself. I'm flexible.

Prior to wearing Jill's "Keep your hands off my buns!" apron.

Tonight my floormate Addison and I made puppy chow. It was an adventure, but it turned out amazing. We seriously discussed creating "College Cooking with Emily and Addison." Stay tuned. We hung out in Abby's adorable room and ate puppy chow. And made virgin Strawberry Daquiris and Pina Coladas. And talked and talked. And it was perfect.


From left: Liz, Addison, me, Abby, Adrianne, Amy, and Lindsey.

P.S. Mom, please be excited that this post is extraordinarily long due to lack of updates.

2 comments:

  1. I'm way excited that is was long. Even more excited that you sound so happy! Love the college cooking idea. Such a good idea for a foodie blog, you will be famous! Love you so much. I'm headed to work.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a special granddaughter. I am so proud of you and how you get along so well with other people. I think the college cooking idea is great. You should take it higher and find out if there was anyway you could do it.
    Can't wait to hug your neck and rub your shoulders on Friday.
    Love you much,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete